Mom, At the Ballet - Wordless Wednesday


(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette) I posted this photo early last year.  I thought I'd post it again in celebration of Mother's Day, plus spring is recital time.  My mom, Christine (Szerejko) Shenette, is the little girl on the left.  I don't know the exact date the photo was taken, but my guess is she looks about six years old which would date the photo to about 1927.  I don't know who the other little ballerinas are. 

In celebration of Mother's Day, I invite you to check out the links below to see some other lovely photos of my wonderful mom.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Not So Wordless Wednesday: It's Costume Month at Heritage Zen!
Wordless Wednesday: Mom
A Pretty Girl on Old Cape Cod
Not So Wordless Wednesday: Mule Train Into the Grand Canyon

5 comments:

Susan Clark said...

Talk about timeless! This is wonderful. Truly lovely photograph.

Barbara Poole said...

Delightful photo Cynthia. I'm glad somebody captured this picture. I wonder if the girls were best friends.

Kristin said...

They are so cute!

Carol said...

I love this photo! Classic!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you all for your comments!

I love everything about this photo--the girls, the pose, the costumes. I don't know if the girls were friends or not. Immigrant groups tended to stick together in our area, so my guess is they probably did know each other, but that's just a guess on my part.