Thomas Jefferson's Monticello - Wordless Wednesday

Monticello, the House
(Original Images and Text, Copyright (c) 2012 Cynthia Shenette) Last summer my family and I spent some time in Virginia on vacation.  While we were there we visited Thomas Jefferson's Monticello.  I thought I'd post a few photos from our trip since Monday was Presidents' Day.  Enjoy!

Vegetable Garden and Pavilion

Vegetable Garden

Garden Pavilion

Thomas Jefferson's Grave at the Monticello Graveyard

Monticello Graveyard

African-American Graveyard


Other Posts You Might Like:

Happy Birthday Dad - Wordless Wednesday
The Death and Funeral of Charles Senecal - Amanuensis Monday
A February Bride - Wordless Wednesday
California, Here I Come - Wordless Wednesday

6 comments:

Michelle Goodrum said...

Until now I have only seen pictures of the house. Thank you for an enjoyable tour.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thanks for your comment, Michelle! It's a wonderful place to visit! I'm hoping to write a little more about our visit on an upcoming post.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen Monticello, so it was fun to look at these lovely photos.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Wendy - Thanks for your comment! It's a lovely (and interesting) place. I hope you have a chance to visit some day!

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Happy Blogoversary! Love your photos of Monticello. I remember being there and the wine cellar and the gardens were my favorites.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Heather - Thank you for your comment and for your blogiversary wishes!