Two Year Blogiversary!

(Copyright (c) 2012 Cynthia Shenette)  Where has the time gone?!?  I can't believe I've been blogging for two years!  It seems like only yesterday I wrote my first post and wondered who was going to read it.  I appreciate all of you who have taken the time to read my blog--friends, family, followers, occasional readers, near and far.  I know my blog has a pretty narrow focus and my style of writing isn't every one's cup of tea, but believe me when I say I appreciate every comment, every bit of advice, the connections I have made, and the camaraderie of the Geneablogger community.  You guys rock!

So what's up at Heritage Zen as I move ahead into year three?  Goal number one: be flexible (if I can't get a post written by my own self imposed deadline.  To quote Scarlet O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day.").  Goal number two: don't get frustrated (ditto).  Goal number three: keep researching (Maybe I'll even tackle hubby's Ukrainians and my German/Prussian great-great grandmother's line.).  Goal number four: write about my research (Yes, I know I need to spend more time on my French-Canadian/Acadian side of the family.).  Sounds simple doesn't it?  Some days it's not that simple at all.  Goal  number five: continue to contribute to the Carnival of Genealogy as much as possible (COG is kind of like taking your vitamins. It's good for you!).  Goal number six: participate in NaBloPoMo in November again (It's a great way to build content!).

My big goal for the year is to start a new blog dedicated to my mystery photos of Worcester's Polish community.  Back in 2010 I started posting my mystery bride photos and a few other mystery photos on an irregular basis.  I've come to realize that it will literally take me years to post my entire mystery collection on Heritage Zen if I post only one photo at a time and then only on an occasional basis.  The subjects in my mystery photos deserve better treatment.  A dedicated blog seems to be the way to go.  My end goal is to connect and share with the descendants of the photos' subjects and give back to the Polish community in Worcester.  I hope you will follow my new blog when it's up and running.  I'll be sure to post news of its launch here.

Well, I guess that's it.  It doesn't sound like much, but that is a lot for me.

Thanks for reading everyone!  Now, it's time to get busy!

(THE FINE PRINT:  My blogiversary was actually yesterday, February 28, and yes, I am posting this on February 29.  In case you were wondering, refer back to goals one and two...)


Other Posts You Might Like:

Heritage Zen Dives In: NaBloPoMo!
Presenter Interview: Colleen Fitzpatrick, Forensic Genealogist
Meditation: The Strength of Ordinary Women
The Stories My Grandmother Told Me

12 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Blogiversary! Well done! Looking forward to another fine year on Heritage Zen! And, congrats on the new, almost born, blog.

Kristin said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading your posts this year and looking at the mystery photos even though I will not be any help in identifying them.

Barbara Poole said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary. You've done an outstanding job with your posts, and what I like is that you think them through, there is no posting just to post. Now, of course, I have to know, where did you take the photo, I love it!

Elizabeth Handler said...

Happy Blogiversary! I like your fine print and can relate.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary! Looking forward to another year of reading your blog and Your new one.

Greta Koehl said...

Happy Blogoversary! And I am looking forward to your new blog, too.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you all for your blogiversary wishes, and thank you again for reading! Your support means so much!

Barb - Wouldn't you know, this is one of the few photos on my blog that I didn't actually take. It's a stock photo. I was trying to be all Zen-ny and wanted to post a lotus blossom to go with my post. :)

Brenda Leyndyke said...

A belated Happy Blogiversary! Best wishes as you continue into your third year.

Susan Clark said...

Happy Blogiversary! I've adored your first two and look forward to many more - and the new blog. You've done a stellar job, Cynthia.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Happy blogaversary. I always look forward to whatever you wright. Keep on blogging!

Cherie Cayemberg said...

Happy Blogiversary! Congrats and many, many more!

Cynthia Shenette said...

A second round of thanks is in order! Thank you all again for reading and for your encouragement! I appreciate you all more than I can say!